Sunday, October 3, 2010

OCEANIC THEME! PLAYLIST OCT 3RD

Me and Aesthete were sea-farers today!

12:00PM
Les Enfant Bastard- "Honolulu"
Lake Heartbeat- "Blue Planet"
Magnetic Fields- "Desert Island"
Frankie Rose and the Outs- "Girlfriend island"
Sacred Animals- "Wired, Islands (Ghostwaves Remix)
Islands- "Where There's A Will, There's A Whalebone"
The XX- "Islands"
Besnard Lakes- "Like The Ocean, Like The Innocent"
Blank Dogs- "Northern Islands"
The Drums- "Down by the Water"
Orange Cake Mix- "Back to the Island"
The Standells- "Dirty Water"
New Music- "On Islands"
Dengue Fever- "Oceans of Venus"
Future Islands- "Walking Through that Door"

1:00 PM
The Blow- "True Affection"
Burnt Island- "Me and My Friends Are All Right"
Leon Russel- "Back to the Island"
Seoleena- "Island Cottage"
Wavves- "King of the Beach"
Serge Gainsbourg- "Sea, Sex, and Sun"
Walkmen- "Angela, Surf City"
Bridal Shop- "From Seas"
22-20s- "Ocean"
Mew- "Beach"
Beach House- "Norway"
Miniature Tigers- "Tropical Birds"
The 6s- "Sailor in Love With the Sea"
Deerhoof- "Odysessy"
Yuksek- "Away From the Sea"

2:00 PM
Brian Wilson- "Surf's Up"
Beat Connection- "In the Water"
Why?- "Sanddollars"
Strawberry Switchblade- "Deep Water"
House of Love- "Fisherman's Tale"
Husky Reserve- "Grey Pastures, Still Waters"
TV on the Radio- "Staring At the Sun"
Tigercity- "Dark Water"
Pixies- "Vamos"
Hall and Oates- "Head Above Water"
Spiritualized- "Cool Waves" (live)
Boat Club- "Always Away"
Nick Cave- "Ship Song"
Youth Sports- "Dream Girl"

5 comments:

  1. Likewise! New music is like bubbles and silly spring to me - so exciting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Took me long enough to figure this out, but you aren't by chance one half of the Youth Sports duo, are you? If so, I love what little I've heard and am crushing on it hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am indeed 1/2 of it. I love what we are doing right now...currently working on the live show. Thanks so much for supporting us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please keep me in the loop or if you have an email list I can join for upcoming releases or shows, let me know! I would love to support [and hear more!] if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! Our contact email is youthsportsband@gmail.com. Please keep in touch and we can add you to the (small but growing) mailing list :D

    ReplyDelete